27 september 2014

A Saturday in September

This is my Grandmother Mimi Martinsdaughter Langerud. She was born 20th of August 1898 - all my Grandparents are born in 1898.  Mimi died far too early - 24th of February 1965 - she was only 66 years old.


I do remember that day - it was a typical Norwgian Wednesday in February - cold - icecold - the sky was very blue and the sun was shining on the crispy white snow - it looked like silver - I think it was like that - if not - it should have been.
It was meant to be - that my sister and I should have visited our Grandmother that morning - but it did not. My mother had some tulips she wanted Mimi to have.  And tulips in Norway - in February and in 1965 - wow - that was rare.
My Grandmother never got those flowers - and I do regret that. I am "sending" her flowers every day - I visit her every time I am at The Churchyard in Åsnes. Memories...


At Family Tree DNA I have managed to test my Grandmothers DNA.  This is her origins - from far far back in history and untill today. This is hers most distant maternal ancestors of my Family Finder matches. You see all the red spots?  That is "family"...

Saltbalje - Salttub...
This is the "salttub" that Mimi used to preserve ham.  I guess you all know how to use one...? Well, it is on my patio now.
My Grandmother Mimi's maternal line;  Mimi Martinsdaugher born 1898 in Hof in Solør - dead 1965 in Myra, Åsnes.  My Great Grandmother Marie Bergersdaughter born 1857 in Setrehougen, Hof in Solør - dead 1941 at Myra in Åsnes. My Great Great Grandmother Thea Michelsdaughter born 1819 in Snapholt, Hof in Solør - dead 1895 at Løkka in Hof in Solør.



My Great Great Great Grandmother Berte Olsdaughter born 1785 in Hof in Solør - dead 1840 at Snapholt, Hof in Solør. Her mother - my Great Great Great Great Grandmother mother of Berte, when she was born - I do not know.  I have to do more research...

Enjoy your day...I know I will...happy Saturday...!

Ingen kommentarer: